The renovation of the course is coming along nicely. Fairways have been cut weekly with a finer cut and the “shape” of the course is beginning to come back.
Bids have gone out for the rebuilding of the greens. It will take awhile before we begin to see the old greens in their “heyday” shape. The goal for reopening is now some time in October… hopefully early October.
The clubhouse itself is being completely remodeled. In fact, here are some of the features of the remodeling:
- A new 2,800 s.f. Banquet Hall,
- The former covered porch will be enclosed and made into a small event/meeting room that will open with a folding wall to the new Banquet Hall,
- An additional 2,000 s.f. of new outdoor patio overlooking the golf course
- We will add a larger U-shaped bar (like Chili’s), add booths in the restaurant and a completely renovate kitchen
- We will also add an outdoor cooler/freezer and storage building within the “Open Service Court”
- We are completely re-doing the restaurant with wood floors (actually tile that looks just like wood), copper ceiling tiles, more TVs, and all new color scheme.