1st Tee 6/17/16
Dennis Bowman, VP at Ace Golf provided this update on progress being made on the course.
- The initial cut on the front 9 was finished last week, the initial cut on the back 9 will be done this week, subject of course to weather.
- They are starting a second, finer cut of the front nine already, the back nine will follow.
- All greens have been cut and are plotted out. The top surface will then be removed so that work can begin on restoring them.
- Irrigation start-up was tried at the pump station on PP Blvd, there was a problem with a submersible pump, it needs to be replaced. Irrigation is a major priority. They are working on resolving these issues.
- The maintenance building work is almost completed, lights are turned on each night for security, as soon as the office and restrooms are finished people will start working out of there full-time.
- A heavy duty gate is being planned next to the maintenance building to keep out the people and vehicles from entering the course and community.
- Ace has announced that Nelson De Sierra is the new superintendent, he was previously at Innisbrook and is now with a resort in Panama City. Kevin Dietsch , the new General Manager and Nelson will start on 6/13. Tony Disano has taken another job in Pasco County.
- The architect has submitted another round of drawings for the club house. Bids are out for clean-up and trimming around club house and parking lot, once this is done they will decide on new landscaping needs so that the club house looks much nicer from the street.
- The HOA Board communicated with Ace this week regarding the clean-out of the drainage ditch handling water off Sago Point.
- Ace Golf conducted a successful job fair at the club house on Tuesday, May 31st, from 3 – 5 PM. This job fair was for maintenance type workers only and a few hires have been made. Opportunities for golf or club house jobs will be posted and job fairs will take place at a later date. We will let you know. In the meantime, if you would like to offer your services to Ace Golf, please send your contact information, with your area of interest, some background experience, and availability to Simon Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simon will provide this information directly to Ace Golf to help streamline the process and involve the community as much as possible.
9th Green Approach 6/17/16